Friday, October 12, 2007

Fashion May Cry

I haven’t been interested in the Devil May Cry series since the first game, but the 4th installment is looking pretty kick ass. All that goodwill nearly went down the toilet when I caught sight of this ridiculous looking mask, gauntlets, and boots combo above. I mean really, they’re flat out embarrassing.

I say “nearly went down the toilet ” because the look of something is only half the story in a game. Check out how the gauntlets are literally exploding with destructive force and the boots whir like crazed spurs from hell. They look like they’ll be an utter blast to use and see in action. How they look standing still is another matter, but how often do you do that in a DMC game?

Another interesting development is the evolution of Lady. She had this spunky, schoolgirl-theme outfit complete with ammo backpack and skirt. My favorite part about her original look is actually her hair. Lucky for me then that it’s somewhat still the same for her DMC4 look, but now she’s featuring more of a business travel assassin vibe.

I’m not sure how I feel about this new pseudo-suit. We’ll have to see if they explain how she got to this stage in her fashion life and if it works into her play mechanics.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you Capcom Lost Planet, Dead Rising, P.N.08.....Who Doesn't love Cleavege lol.

Saya

Josef said...

I like her new shades, but that jacket looks a little... well, ridiculous. Overall, I think the outfit works, but I think I prefer her DMC3 getup.

Kiki said...

I think the answer's simple:
DMC3 Lady was a young girl.
DMC4 Lady is an adult vamp.
^_^

Maya said...

She looks like a sexpot now, not the Lady she once was. Plus, no bra = painful jubblies.

Anonymous said...

Ah, but Lady's jacket is so tight, they provide a degree of support for her upper assets! Granted, the sheer pressure that is likely pushing outward may eventually cause that single button to blow off, along with said jacket, but uh...I can see no harm in this occurring.

Nachomon said...

Just provocative. For a game mainly oriented to teenagers full of testosterone works perfectly...

I maybe would have given her a sleek black dress or a biker suit.

There are combinations on Beatdown´s dresser that would work very well for her.

Wataru Maruyama said...

Oh wow another person that has actually played Beatdown! Yes!

Nachomon said...

Yeah, that´s a curious game. With a more agile gameplay and more phases it would have been another classic for Capcom. Their different shops almost configure a complete character editor.

I´m waitin´yet for an street-action brawler with the gameplay and the spectacular moves from old school beat-em ups. Maybe Devil May cray and Ninja Gaiden would be the next generation...

Anyways, Lady is a lovely character for me too.

Anonymous said...

Beautifull Blog! I have seen a beautifull fashion accessory store- www.antiquepashmina.com with lot of new concepts and designs. www.Antique Pashmina.com