Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Losing costumes from damaged save files and red rings

During a speed run on RE5 to unlock the rocket launcher, my 360 froze during a save point rendering the file corrupt and wiping out all data. I had wanted to move on to another game so there wasn’t as much anger as there should have been. A few days later, the 360 red ringed. I checked what type and it’s the dreaded internal hardware variety that has to get fixed by MS. My console was still covered since this is my second red ring.

Then I remembered I wanted to snap some shots of the costumes for this blog and the anger returned. Getting all the emblems to unlock Tribal Sheva was a huge pain in the ass and so was unlocking everything in Mercenaries mode. It’s good that the Street Fighter IV DLC was purchased on the PS3 and not 360. I’m trying to see if it’s possible to shift all my gaming to the PS3. The only drawback is that I’m hugely addicted to Fallout 3 and all the DLC is 360 exclusive. I was also in the process of downloading Outrun arcade. Seems MS was wise to shell out the money for exclusive 360 DLC after all.

11 comments:

david said...

you blog is very interesting to read and very useful for me

Victor said...

Hi, I also have some occassion where during the save point, the xbox360 would freeze. Not sure if you installed the game to hdd, because I did and I have not encountered any save-point freeze thereafter. just my 2 cents worth. :)

cheers!

Wataru Maruyama said...

Every game since the NXE update has been fully installed before playing. That probably extended the life on my 360, but couldn't hold off the hardware failure forever. I do love that feature though. Games play nice and quiet.

Wataru Maruyama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Fallout 3 DLC isn't xbox exclusive, you can get it for the PC using the games for windows live interface, the PC version also has alot of custom content made by the community, you might want to check it out.

the primary download site for it is fallout nexus or something, i'll bet it'll be the first result if you google search it.

Wataru Maruyama said...

I've been tempted to switch over to the PC version of Fallout 3, but I'm pretty invested in terms of hours and DLC already so feel kinda stuck. I'll check out that site though. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

If you switch to PS3, you won't have Rumble Roses XX and Onechanbara in your collection! =[

I'm waiting for X-Blades atm (New Zealand is SLOOOOW at getting games). BTW theres 2 new costumes for Tomb raider underworld made by 'fashion' designers, they are free, check them out! one of them is a cat suit

Waiting for Velvet Assassins too and Sacred 2 (Serephim! yum!)

wolfboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

PS3 is getting the DLC in June btw

http://kotaku.com/5260907/fallout-3-dlc-announced-for-playstation-3-and-two-new-dlc-for-all

Anonymous said...

but! i found Xbox360 pretty better then ps3 this. the reason is simple.. xbox360 having more games.....
why this time namco is release tekken series in 360? because ps3 Blue Ray feature made him lose.

addicting games

online games said...

I have 360 and also ps3, but i never had this problem with my 360, but i can't gave up my 360 because there are games that exclusive for 360 and can't find them in ps3.