Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Marvel vs Capcom 3 alternate costume pack 1


Based on how much I spent on DLC costumes for SSFIV, it should be no surprise that Capcom would follow a similar business model for MvC3. The first costume pack will cost $5 on PSN, 400 MS Points on XBLA and feature alternate outfits for Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Chris Redfield, Dante, and Ryu.


The Thor and Ryu outfits are especially rad, but I’m definitely going to wait till there’s a combo pack of all DLC costumes before jumping in. I just can’t shell out that kind of cash again as the reward just wasn’t worth it. The costumes were nice, but I felt a bit empty. I definitely would have enjoyed the costumes more if I earned them. Heck, it’s one of the main reasons I started writing about costumes.

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe one of the big reasons we even got a Marvel vs Capcom 3 was because of the potential profit from DLC and that can’t be a completely bad thing. If the price is not obscene, I’ll purchase the Jill Valentine/Shuma Gorath pack as soon as it’s released. The alternate costumes I’ll wait on and maybe even pass over altogether if I’m no longer playing the game by the time the all-in-one pack gets released.

If I ever grab a Nintendo 3DS, the fighting game of choice will definitely be Dead or Alive Dimensions instead of Super Street Fighter. Part of that is because it’s been a while since the last proper DOA game and I’ve had my fill of SSFIV over the last two years, but the bigger reason is that there are some sweet items to unlock. One of the reasons I still own Tekken 6 is that I still haven’t unlocked everything. To me that is a bigger reason not to resell a game over the promise of new DLC.

Wow, didn’t mean to go on a rant. Good news is I should have more proper posts on the blog soon. Follow me on twitter for daily comments on costume happenings and other unrelated musings. Yay!

15 comments:

Ujn Hunter said...

Agree. 100%! This is why (even for $10 to double dip on one of my favorite fighting games) I never bought the XBLA version of Soul Calibur. They took out all the "unlocking". One of, if not THE, main reason I even play these fighting games over and over was to unlock all the characters and their costumes and colors and other bonus items that just don't exist anymore. I have ZERO interest in paying anyone $$$ for these things. :\

Kojé said...

Apologies for the pathetic comment: I'm very tired. But: I totally agree completely.
(more fulfilling content coming in a state of awareness soon!)

Wataru Maruyama said...

Hoping to play a bunch over the long holiday weekend. Next post is most likely impressions of it.

david said...

Hopeful to repayment a bunch over the toronto immigration consultant long vacation weekend.Next post is job likely imitation of it.

albert said...

optimistic to compensation a lot above the extended retreat weekend.Next post is job UK Spouse Visas probable reproduction of it.

alfons said...

I hopeful to play a group over the extended CD Jacket Maker festival weekend. After that article is most expected imitation of it.

margus said...

keen to play a group over the long holiday weekend. Next post is most likely imitation of it.seo nyc

mikimac7 said...

Eager to play a group over the extended break stay. Next post is greatest likely imitations of it.
how do you burn fat

Harry morgan said...

I highly appreciate this post. www.getessaypaper.com/college-essay-services-canada

Aaron Julian said...

great site thanks for sharing such an fun post click for more

David Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Peter said...

After that article is most expected imitation of it.university assignment writing

Michael Elijah said...

nice game !!!good essay writing service

Joseph Patrick said...

Thanks for sharing this Precious Information and I will share this with my friends too. paper writers

Joseph Patrick said...

Thanks for sharing this Precious Information and I will share this with my friends too. paper writers