Friday, March 11, 2011

Dead or Alive Dimensions Costume Downloads (Japan UPDATE)


It's funny how things can change so quickly. Just a week ago, there was no chance I was picking up a 3DS till later in the year, but sneaky old Tecmo goes and announces free costume DLC for Dead or Alive Dimensions every day starting from the game's launch. According to theFamistu via Andriasang there will be a total of 28 costumes starting March 24th (in Japan) with a new outfit everyday except for Mondays.


The outfits previewed so far are all true alternate costumes and not palette swaps. It remains to be seen if that will hold true for all 28.

So the two big questions for US fans is 1) What is the actual release date for Dimensions here? 2) Will the costumes follow a similar release pattern?

As far as incentives to boost day one sales go, I think it's brilliant in both the timing and the scope of what's on offer. It's certainly more motivating for someone like me to get the game right away versus the current  pre-order DLCs which usually turn out to be fluff no matter how cool it sounds (cough, New Vegas costume/gear packs, cough). 

What should I do?!
To get breaking updates to this blog or just to show support, please take a moment to Follow at the box under the Amazon ads. There is also the CostumeGet Twitter for other shorter thoughts. It's rad!

UPDATE
It's really hard to concentrate on anything but the disaster in Japan right now. I've decided that any money that would have gone to the 3DS and DOA will go to charity to help. If you'd like to help as well, this is the recommended site for charities that are definitely going to support the Japan. (via Gizmodo)

5 comments:

James said...

Although May 31 does seem like a tentative release date, it is a Tuesday, so it might be legitimate after all. Unfortunately, most (if not all) of the costumes revealed thus far have appeared in past iterations of the series; if Itagaki-san were still in charge, he wouldn't let this be.

Wataru Maruyama said...

I would be shocked if any of the 28 are brand new. Dimensions seems to be re-using all the old assets from previous games.

Ujn Hunter said...

I get the exact opposite reaction to this limited DLC gimmick. It makes me never want to buy the game. Knowing that if I pick it up in the future, I have no way of unlocking things because I didn't buy it day one? Really lame.

Wataru Maruyama said...

@ujn that's a good point. Now that I won't be getting a 3DS any time soon, it makes me less motivated to pick up Dimensions whenever I do get a 3DS.

GLAMCOSTUME said...

Some of these costumes look so great. We operate a Costume Company in Australia. www.glamcostume.com and are looking to go to China and have costumes manufactured on top of supplying traditional fancy dress costumes. There are some great ideas here for my costume designers.