Thursday, September 01, 2011

For Setsuka Fans


Since we're on the topic of Soul Calibur, I attended the J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco Japantown this past weekend and watched uber cool group Layla Lane perform. For the first half of their performance, Valerie Stern wore a sweet kimono that reminded me of another blonde in Japanese formal wear Setsuka from Soul Calibur.


J-Pop Summit Festival 2011 Part 5 from Wataru Maruyama on Vimeo.


Here are two of several clips I shot. These were taken with the compact video powerhouse Sony HX9V in 1080p 60p mode. The quality is pretty nice. You might have to be a Vimeo plus member to download the clips, but if you are able to, I highly recommend you copy the file and play it on your PlayStation 3 for the full experience. The wind started whipping up so sorry for the noises. I created a DIY windscreen for next time.


J-Pop Summit Festival 2011 Part 6 from Wataru Maruyama on Vimeo.


This is one is shorter, but has a section where Valerie is singing in Japanese which she seems to do for about half of their songs.

You can watch more of the videos from the J-Pop summit here. You can read the report on the J-Pop summit here and here.

2 comments:

pixymagic said...

its nice to read a useful article for beginner like me. Some of points from this article are very helpful for me as I haven’t considered them yet. I would like to say thank you for sharing this cool article. Bookmarked and sharing for friends.
Chevrolet Silverado Turbo

peepa said...

i 100 % agree with pixymagic ,
as i am not native english speaker this article written in simple and decent language . very helpful thanks .
rift lover